And if that wasn’t bad enough, they were all around ten inches long. Neha Begum, 22, from Chandauli, Uttar Pradesh, in northern India, went to hospital on January 2 after suffering extreme abdominal pains and vomiting for more than a month.She was rushed into surgery after an intestinal obstruction was diagnosed, but doctors were not expecting to find what they did. A team at KG Nanda Hospital discovered 150 live worms in her stomach. Dr Anand Prakash Tiwari, a medic at the hospital, said: ‘I was shocked. This was an extremely unusual case. ‘We have come across cases with three or four earthworms but this is the first time we have come across such a huge number.Luckily the doctors discovered the worms before they travelled to her brain and caused serious neurological damage. Begum had visited other physicians but they had all sent her home with pain medication. ‘I was in extreme pain for weeks. It was awful,’ she added. ‘I suffered so many sleepless nights and I used to scream with the pain and vomiting. ‘But now it’s like I have a new life. I am very thankful to the doctors here for ending my problem.Dr Tawair said the worms had formed in her body as a result of an ‘unhygienic lifestyle’. ‘The eggs of such worms are usually found on green vegetables and in unpurified water.
which is why doctors always suggest that vegetables need to be thoroughly washed before being consumed,’ she said. ‘Basic hygiene can avoid problems like these. These worms get into the bloodstream and then grow inside the body.Parasitic worms are rarely a nice idea, but this story of a woman from India and her 150 unwanted guests is particularly stomach-churning.Doctors in India removed approximately 150 live worms from the gut of a young woman, some of which measured up to 25 centimeters (10 inches) long. Neha Begum, 22, from Uttar Pradesh in northern India, had been suffering from stomach pain, vomiting, and constipation for months. Although she went to the local doctors several times, they were unable to reach a diagnosis, simply telling her to take some painkillers.However, following an extreme bout of sickness in the new year, she was forced to visit KG Nanda Hospital in Chandauli. A physical examination highlighted something unusual in her abdomen, so the team of doctors decided to operate, hoping to find the cause of her problems. During their five-hour operation, they discovered the case was even more extraordinary than they had imagined.